Monday 22 September 2014

Embarkation Day, MS Amsterdam, Sept 21, 2014

First up, sorry not many pictures, only a few GoPro pics. We were on a complete whirlwind of activity, we must have known over 50 people on board. Jan's jaw was hurting from talking so much, yes this is a good thing. In the line just getting our boarding cards we must have hugged and shook a dozen friendly hands. Gene, the cruise director said, ah here is the couple I was waiting for, he took out his camera and took a few and then many pictures, a very nice welcome. As we stepped on board this meeting activity did not stop, it was a reunion of sorts, just amazing really. Yes there will be pictures later but this day was reserved for hellos. I had a bit of a security issue with my luggage - something long and sharp in my bag? Mr. Darnel please make your way to the security desk at the front office, huh?. I brought a little metal tripod with me this trip that I guess looked dangerous. After I produced the evidence hidden in my bag, I was given the all clear. Jan was worried as I was to meet her upstairs, it took a while in security so by the time I got upstairs to see her she thought I was being taken off the ship in handcuffs. LOL...

So with the camera in the room the free, yes free drinks were being poured and to be honest the next 4 hours were a blur of chatting with the many friends and crew on board. Our dining table is excellent, there will be photos tomorrow. For now I just want to get the ball rolling as I was able to sign onto the internet today, this looks like it is going to be one amazing Grand Voyage, we hope you enjoy this ride along with us.

As everyone is saying, Welcome Home...

The first shot here is of our welcome gifts, thanks to Carla at WD world Travel and the Hotel Director Henk Mensink and Guest Relations Manager Christel Mensink.

No comments:

Post a Comment