Tuesday 13 May 2014

San Diego, California, USA - May 13, 2014

Today was Jan's day to go on her own excursion. The quick version is that Connie from a previous cruise was having a bridal shower for Jodie. Suli, Gene's mom drove down from Utah to join in the festivities and they all jumped into one of the largest limos I have ever seen. So off they went over to the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island - the movie where "Some Like It Hot" was filmed. Jan had a great time with a total of about 9 women at the shower. BTW - Great to see Suli - we had the privilege of getting to know Gene's mom on our past Grand Voyage. Sorry but I had the camera today... so what happened at the shower stayed at the shower. There was something about pin the peanut on the Gene???

My day included an all day transit pass for 5 bucks and off I went spending most my time at the Seaport Village Area. I shot pasted the Midway Ship as well as strolled past the Maritime Museum. Lots to do here but we had a short stay as it wasn't until 11 o'clock until we could get off the ship and all aboard time was 3 pm.

A quick note on the all aboard time, I returned to the ship at 5 minutes to 3, and no Jan in sight. There was a lifeboat drill commencing at 3:15 pm, I went to the my muster station at 3:10, still not Jan, fortunately one of the ship's excursions was running late at Jan showed up at 3:15 just as the drill began - now that is cutting it close. I thought I would be seeing her in Vancouver...

Some of my pictures of the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment