Sunday 22 March 2020

Fremantle, Western Australia - Mar 22, 2020

We continue to wind down and take a deep breathe, which is hard sometimes. We chill and finish our packing as we still think this is some kind of a dream that we will soon wake up from. Nope, this is really happening, finish packing. We spend the rest of the day enjoying all the amenities the ship has to offer, a great breakfast, lunch in the dining room and bonus as I was taking pics of some of the ship tonight and I see Henk, the Hotel Director in the Crow’s nest, he offers me a drink and then accepts my invitation to dinner, great. A great meal, great conversation and I believe some 2 bottles of wine and here I am writing this - a very nice wrap of the day. 24 hours before our flight I go to check in on line and after entering all the passport details it asks me one of two questions, where am I staying in the US (like the US is important or something) or going on with a further international flight, well, yeah, we are going to Canada. But because our flights with Qantas end in the USA they do not recognize a further destination, I get kicked out of the system and now have to see an agent at the airport, great, so no check in or seat assignment. Thanks for nothing, I am in the same place I was if I even tried to check in, all because of the this USA thing, yes really - we really wish we were not going the US. Thanks to Henk I have gathered a number of of phone contacts for HAL in Seattle just is case this all goes flat in Los Angelas, boy do I hate LAX.

A few pics of our day, hope you enjoy another great sunset as the sunsets truly sets in this adventure… 


Quote of the day: - “If you worry about who is going to get the credit, you don’t get much work done.” - Dorothy Height





2 comments:

  1. πŸ’ΊπŸ›¬ LAX 🀷 😷

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a safe (and uneventful) trip back home.

    ReplyDelete