Wednesday 1 October 2014

At Sea, October 1, 2014

The doors to the outside decks were closed most of the day as we cruised into the forecasted rough seas, trust me going outside today was not a good idea unless you like sea spray.

Many activities were cancelled and the dining room tonight had many waiters just standing around as many passengers could not make it for dinner. Our table of seasoned cruisers was full and once again had a great night - yes I guess we have now hit the cruising status of being seasoned.

We like the rough seas and a voyage like this across the Pacific would not be the same if you did not experience some intense wave action. I look out at these incredible seas and try to visualize out little 18 foot boat out there and just shake my head as we wouldn't last a minute, these conditions are serious. There were a few times today where the waves were so rough that the spray went over the top of the ship after the bow slapped down out of a trough. I didn't get those pictures but I did get a few of today's action. BTW, have a look at yesterdays calm water pictures in comparison, what a difference a few miles makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment