Saturday 10 August 2019

August 10, 2019, Dingle, Ireland

We left Bunratty under cloud with light rain and headed southwest to the coastal town of Dingle. Unfortunately the weather did not improve much, we had intermittent showers, light and heavy, all day. We stopped in for some delicious seafood chowder at John Benny’s Pub, and a couple of Guinness of course. We then thought to take the half hour drive to the countries most western point, Slea Head. Well we made our way over with the wind and rain only getting worse and worse. Determined to get my photographic proof of arrival, I bundled up with my rain jacket and umbrella (for the camera) and stepped out of the safe haven of our car. Well the umbrella immediately inverted, great, so I fought to get this back to form only to have it invert another, oh half dozen times, lol, finally getting some, hmmm, okay pics. So with all this effort behind me we headed back along the very narrow, so called, two way coastal road, where I had a bit of a driving lapse. As I am hugging the right side of the road, Jan asked, “what are you doing?”, I replied with just trying to make it more comfortable for you. Well then at that time a car appeared right in front of me, coming straight at me, I’m thinking, what the heck are you doing on my side of the road, Jan was quick to remind me that I was on the wrong side - oh yeah, stay left. Lol. No harm, no foul, but you got to keep on your toes. About an hour and a half later we pulled into the Killarney Plaza Hotel for our next two night stay - very nice, our hotels just seem to be getting better and better. Now if we just do something about the weather, Ring of Kerry tomorrow, fingers crossed... Our few pics of the wet day...






























No comments:

Post a Comment