Friday 10 January 2020

At Sea: Jan 10, 2020

A very rough day at sea today, rolling along in 10, 12 foot waves with almost 40 knot winds hitting us off our port beam makes for the stabilizers working hard but not really able to soften the backward and forward pitch. So a few things cancelled today along with restrictive access to the promenade deck. This is all part of the fun we are having here at sea as we come closer to our next destination, Devil’s Island. Today was complimentary (5 star) wine tasting, Jacques the cellar master does a great job. With the amount of mariners growing he decided rather than do a sit down with four bottles he selects he had all the cellars open with an opportunity to taste any wine in any package. So for an hour you have a chance to taste upwards to 40 bottles of wine. I asked about the Spellbound, which I like very much and he said “its there, I added it back in” going on further to say “I don’t like it when they take things out of the package that people enjoy, so I picked up several cases and added it back in” - yes this was the first one I tried, nice. Might have to rethink my next wine package, hmm, decisions, decisions. 

So, yes after my afternoon nap (haha) I headed to the gym before getting dressed up for our second formal gala night, Purple themed night. The dining room was all dressed up in the purple theme, looked great. Great meal, nice night as we all headed into the main show lounge for music and dancing with a night ending chocolate extravaganza to close the evening off - no chocolate for us as we had just finished our dinner and dessert - very tempting though, it all looked so good. A few pics of our day, hope you enjoy… The ship is still bucking pretty good as I write this, so that’s a wrap.


Quote of the day: “The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them.” - Queen Victoria



















1 comment: