Saturday 22 October 2022

October 22, 2022, At Sea

I roll over this morning and my watch says 9:05am, how can that be? Did I miss it? I check my iPhone, google maps, no we are just coming through the Strait of Gibraltar now, are we late? I check my iPad, 8:06am? WTF is going on. Oh yeah I set my phone to automatic time zones again and for some reason sprung me forward an hour. That’s it, last chance, I’m going to manual time from now until I get home. Crazy waking up to have the question of what time is it really… Okay, so now I’m up and look out the window, yup, I see land, get going. Up and outside within a few minutes to catch this amazing entry into the Mediterranean Sea. 


In Greek mythology this was the pillars of Hercules, one pillar was Europe the other Africa, he stood here and pushed with all his might to separate the two. He pushed and pushed until the ground shook and then he separated the two continents creating the Mediterranean Sea. Well that’s how I remember it… The bottom line is today we actually get to see us entering during daylight hours. We have been through many a time but always at night, so yeah this was a big deal day for me. 


Chilled most the rest of the day with talks, trivia and my deck laps until our dressy dinner tonight. Special night for us tonight, we were invited by Florin (Hotel Director) for dinner in the Pinnacle. We had a wonderful evening with the 2 and a half hour flying by. We ended with a night cap up at the Crows Nest for a masquerade night, a very good turnout with loads of fun. 


Just a few pics of the sea day, hope you enjoy…


Quote of the day, “Travel is still the most intense mode of learning “. - Kevin Kelly

















Africa on the left, Europe on the right…

With Florin, Hotel Director











No comments:

Post a Comment