Saturday 2 February 2019

February 02, 2019: At Sea

We have crossed the line of 60 degrees south and are in the Southern Ocean on our way to Antartica, crazy. The draft on our patio window is incredibly cold, our thermostat is on full, so one side of the room is warm the other not so much, which happens to be my side but hey, we are arriving in Antartica for the Antartica experience tomorrow morning at 5:00am, so huge wow factor. We will be doing expedition type cruising, meaning that although we have a course plan, it can be changed quickly depending on weather, wildlife sighings etc. - should be very exciting. I made it to dinner tonight, my big goal of the day, I did sit in on some interesting seminars this morning but took the afternoon off. At 4pm today they did do a live presentation of Oprah christening the new HAL ship, Nieuw Statendam but when I saw her advert to it I was not too impressed, “common girls lets go on a cruise” - really, okay I know who her market is but unfortunately it looks like HAL is trying to go a little to mainstream here. Don’t they know they already have a great product which actually caters to couples and not “hey girls”. Needless to say, I did not attend. 

Dinner was great, they had a white and silver theme tonight to commemorate the crossing to Antartica, so lots of fun in the dining room. That’s it for tonight, going to try to get a decent sleep from my limited, interrupted one last night. 

Only a few pics of today… hope you enjoy…


Quote of the day: “travel become a strategy for accumulating photographs” - Anonymous  









No comments:

Post a Comment