Thursday 18 November 2021

November 18, 2021: Fasano, Italy

Up and out to get the car by noon, you know car rental has come along way here in Italy, without getting into the times past, now you go and you are out within five minutes. The only drawback is a insurance, but not really a drawback for me, when you rent a car here it is with full insurance, none of this VISA card coverage stuff, it is just all in, done. Why not a drawback for me, well you will need to ask me sometime, it is a bit of a story and the bottom line is that I love the all in, insurance. This rental has no GPS available option, again okay with me as I have a Garmin of my own with European maps, so good to go. I asked the Hertz attendant about how to get back to my hotel, as my eyes glazed over with the instructions (not really directions) I pulled our my Garmin and just said, just wait a minute as I key this all in - good to go.


Back at the Hotel, grabbed Jan and our luggage and set our GPS to out Agiturismo and off we went. Now I did skirt some of the instructions as I wanted to head down most of the off Autostrada coastal roads,  just had to check out some of the Grottos. At one point in locating one I did go off road and Jan said that I should have rented a 4X4, lol - hey I drove slow. Everything went well until we headed into Monopoly’s old city, I tired to guess my out and just gave up by putting back on the GPS - see, this is where the fun of GPS is, you can get yourself totally turned around and lost and put that back on and within minutes you are back on the Autostrada. 


Finding the actual Argitursimo was another story, my GPS had me going down some pretty interesting little roads (I use the word road very loosely here), “you destination is on your left”, yeah, no it is not, sorry Ms. Garmin there is nothing here, hmm. Okay been here before, back out and try to figure it out. Ten minutes later we were still nowhere but in the middle of a 500 year old olive orchard. Hey, I remember putting this address also into my google maps and while I still had wifi actives the maps. With 4% left on my battery we were at the gate of I Pozzetti Agriturismo, always good to have a back up plan. There are 19 units here in this accommodation and we are booked into a Junior Suite, nice, well and by the way, we are the only people staying here. Our receptionist told use the breakfast time between 7:30 and 10:30 am and where it is and I told her that since we are the only ones here to let the staff know that they will not see us until after 10:00. She appreciated this.


The receptionist booked us dinner in a small fishing village tonight about 10 minutes away and it was fantastic. Yes, we needed our vaccination certificates at Osteria del Porto, the maĆ®tre’d brought me over to the fresh, today caught, fish and we selected a beautiful Monk Fish, complemented with with fresh spaghetti in a tomato sauce. Fantastic. Yes, dessert, house made, and complimentary lemon cello of course. A great meal at a very reasonable price. I did put our location in the GPS as a home base, so within minutes we were back at our accommodations. Time to explore more tomorrow… Ciao… A few pics of our day…































































No comments:

Post a Comment